Dermal Fillers are sterile gels, which are made from hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring form of sugar which is in our skin, and which helps keep the skin plump and youthful. As we age we lose hyaluronic acid, resulting in loss of skin elasticity, tone and the formation of lines or folds. We also lose fat in our faces as we age,and this can result in a tired appearance. Fillers are injected with small needles and help restore lift, definition and structural support to the face, which can make you look more rested or refreshed.or mainly used in facial areas;where dermis or sub dermis (or both) no longer supports the skin resulting in a wrinkle, a fold or tissue atrophy. The most common areas to be treated are as follows:
- Creases or folds between the nose to mouth area (naso-labial lines).
- Cheek loss of volume.
- Frown Lines between the eyebrows- mainly for long-standing or deep lines that will not soften fully with anti wrinkle injections.
- Lip Augmentation, adding definition, support and shape to the lips, and adding volume to the lips in some cases.
- Lines around the lips: fillers can be used to improve the appearance of fine lines above the upper lip, which are called "bar code lines" or "smokers lines", even though they also occur in non-smokers.
- Tissue Atrophy: Acne Scarring or Loss of Volume from other scarring can be safely treated with fillers.
- Marionette lines: These lines the run from the corner of the mouth downwards, and can be safely and effectively treated with fillers.We usually add filler to the upper outer cheeks to help lift these lines from above as they result from lack of support and descent of skin
- Tear troughs: The tear trough is a depression between the fat of the lower eyelid and the main part of the cheek. As we age we lose fat deep underneath the eye, and the eye bony socket enlarges, resulting in loss of support and a tired appearance underneath and around the eye.With time it can become more obvious, also as the eyelid fat may protrude forward, it accentuates the trough which is at the rim of the eye socket. Filler can help improve the appearance of the tear troughs, as can anti-wrinkle injections around the crow's feet area.
The Juvederm range of fillers from Allergan are hyaluronic acid sterile gels. They have a number of different products, with different consistencies and properties, allowing a broad range of treatment options. Softer lighter fillers such as Juvederm Volbella can be used for fine lines and delicate lip work, and medium thickness products like Juvederm Volift can be used in the nose to mouth lines, marionette lines, lip work. More lifting and support can be achieved using Juvederm Voluma, especially in the cheeks and jaw-line. We tailor match the product with the area to be treated.
- 1ml: €495
- 2mls: €795
- 3mls: €1095
Radiesse is a supporting volumising filler for sub dermal implantation for the correction of moderate to severe wrinkles and folds. Radiesse appears to last from 9- 12 months with most patients getting another treatment after a 12-18 month period. However some patients need a redo every 6 months.
- 1.5ml: €495
Restylane (Hyaluronic acid) is a safe and non allergenic temporary filler that lasts for 6 to 10 months. Based on a hyaluronic acid gel closely resembling your body's own, Restylane skinboosters are designed to balance the nutritional environment of the skin. A series of tiny injections given with local anaesthetic result in improved skin tone and skin elasticity. Skin booster treatments with the Restylane range hydrate the skin and are perfect for treating the face, hands, neck, décolletage and lips. Visible improvements to the skin can be seen after an initial course of treatments resulting in healthy skin with a beautiful glow. For optimum results we recommend a course of two treatments from your first consultation.
- 1ml: €395
- 2mls: €695
- 3mls: €945